One of the major things that I realized with this essay is the fact that the writer uses a lot of detail. When talking about his grandmother’s kitchen, he goes into the different aspects and then goes right into talk about his uncle frank. The writer, once again, gives a lot of detail about this person so you feel that you actually know him. After talking about him he introduces the railroad and, in that, then talks about different jobs that require real manual labor. Then we go into how he watched his mother working hard and I think this is where he gets his work ethic.
The different aspects of this piece, such as talking about the different people and different locations, make it very interesting. These things make the reader want to keep reading and keep your attention. In the beginning he talks about how his family was very involved in manual labor and then mid way through, he goes into watching his mother work as a waitress. I like how the writer describes things before he tells about his personal experiences with it. This allows the reader to know what they are reading about before they learn about the experience or the location. All-in-all, I believe this is a good reading with a lot of sophisticated things included in it.
No comments:
Post a Comment