Friday, October 2, 2009

Embarrassment

I really didn't like the first reading this week. It was extremely sad. I mean how can you be embarrassed of your parents. I do understand where the kid was coming from because they didn't speak english very well but that would cause me to try and work with them so they did learn english. I mean that kid got to the point where he was very good at speaking english so he wouldn't have had much trouble teaching his parents. Also i think it was bad that he was embarrassed that they weren't very educated. I mean my grandfather didn't go to college and he was very successful so I guess it depends on who you are. My grand father also couldn't speak english very well and my father helped him get to a point where he was ok at it. I think this bonding experience helped them get closer. I guess this is why I don't understand why the author didn't help his parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment