Thursday, September 24, 2009

Why I hate the Semicolon

Although i really don't like the topic of this project, I do think it is a good idea. This project causes us to sorta bond over it and learn more about each other. I thought it was fun, but I cant say too much until we get our grades. Did i mention that I hate the semicolon. I mean honestly how many uses are there and its gonna be hard to fill up eight whole minutes. I think it was a good move to utilize a video in our presentation to suck up some of the time. Also, we have an activity. I cant say too much because that will ruin the surprise but there is an activity as well as the PowerPoint slide show. My hope is by the end of this project that everybody in the class will be able to correctly use the semicolon. I think most people use it wrong and because they don't know how to use it then they just don't. This really sucks because it is a very good writing tool.

In case you don't know how to properly use the semicolon there is a video below that will show you thanks to YouTube.

1 comment:

  1. I have no idea how to use the semicolon. Hopefully I'll have it all figured out after your project. I think putting an activity in your project is a good way to keep the class' focus and it helps everybody understand the semicolon. Good thinkin.

    ReplyDelete